Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Girls Just Want to Have Fun...And SHOP!

The title of the post was almost "Today was the Greatest," but I'm starting to worry that you all might think I live in a sort of La-La Land with all of my awesome-day posts, and also I know how jealous you all might be getting at how amazing my life is. Fear not, though, there will be days were I'm miserable and days where I'm beyond miserable, and you read my boring, tearful posts and think, "today, I'm thankful for not being that Casi Clark girl." Also, I didn't get a chance to write this post last night, which is another reason why it's not called "Today was the Greatest."

So, as you know, we leave for our house boat trip soon, and there is much to be done before we leave. The first three days of this week are going to be crazy in our house, because Joel is working like a mad man getting ready for his upcoming Fourth of July event, and because I--for some strange reason--scheduled myself to be crazy-busy with work as well. In this time, someone is going to have to shop for the things we need for the trip, do all of our laundry, clean our house, have a few staple groceries bought for when we come back exhausted, pack us up, and load our car. Who, you ponder, might be expected do to all this? Why, me, of course.

When I woke up yesterday, with all my huge To Do list staring in the face, I did what most normal people would do--lie in bed until I could no longer justify an extra minute of rest, then get up and wander aimlessly around the house, unaware of where to start. No one kicks my ass into gear quite like my good friend, Destiny, so I called her into action. She--as always--was ready at moment's notice to head to Owensboro for a joint office day to help me get some things done (and I may or may not have lured her here with the promise of a shopping trip when we were finished).

So let's fast forward to that part since the other stuff is boring. (Side note: I introduced her to the Big Dipper, and she's now a believer. I, proudly, did NOT eat a banana split while we were there.) Destiny and I decided that when it comes to shopping for us, you go big or home, so instead of a simple trip to Target and TJ Maxx, we drove to Evansville. I had a handful of coupons and special offers and a long list of things Joel and I needed for the trip. We ended up going to Express (twice), The Limited, Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, Old Navy, and Target. We drooled over many, many more stores, but resisted spending more money than we already had.

There are few things I love more in this world than bargain shopping, and your life would be way less exciting if I didn't share with you the amazing bargains I got yesterday. So here's what was purchased: (I'm excluding the Target stop. Who cares about sunscreen and boxed wine? Yes, Eville's Target sells boxed wine!!)

For Joel: 8 shirts, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of pants, 1 pair swim trunks
NEW CLOTHES!!
For Casi: 7 shirts, 1 dress, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair yoga pants, 2 pairs of sunglasses, 7 pairs of undies, 1 pair of flip flops, and a sun hat (oops, the scales were maybe tipped in my favor)

This would have totaled $775. Because of my bargain abilities, it actually cost: $275. AND I got $80 worth of "cash" to spend at Old Navy and Express when we get home. Yes, friends, I'm shocked and amazed at myself too. And, yes, I will go shopping with you anytime!

The storm was so bad, at one point, we saw this.
Finally, when my credit card started getting declined (I'm not even kidding, I spent so much money in such a short period of time in a different state that my bank thought my card had been stolen, and they cut it off. BB&T, thank you for protecting me from thieves. Please stop protecting me from myself), we decided to head back home only to be met with the biggest storm we've had in months (also the only storm we've had in months). After driving 20 mph back to Owensboro, Dee decided she probably shouldn't venture back to Bowling Green just yet, and came in to hang out a while.

Me and Dee
We spent the rest of the evening lying in bed, drinking wine, eating turkey and cheese wraps, and watching Girls. (We also made the decision to only refer to text messages as Word Alerts from this point forward. Thank you, Jessa from Girls.) After hours of laughing--and me generally holding her hostage--she headed home to her boys, and I headed out to the tiny lake on the outskirts of Owensboro to pick up my boys (Joel and CD) because our car is stuck in the mud down there. Awesome.



See? Amazing, right? If it makes you feel better, it's not all rainbows and butterflies. I didn't sleep a wink and have a huge day of work ahead of me... Unless, of course, I can convince Destiny to come back and go on a Coozie hunt with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment